Welcome to JTC Inc.

Chaps: because if they had an ass, they'd just be called pants.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holy. Shit. (That's right - the LCBO may go on strike)

Due to being incredibly uninformed, I sometimes must rely on our commenters to provide me with important information. Such as the potential for a strike by the wonderful people who sell me wine and hard liquor at the LCBO!


When I learned of this, I tried to remain calm, and looked around on the web for other sources of information. I must have mis-typed something, as I ended up on the CP24 website, where I came across the following photo attached to a story regarding the impending strike:


OH MY GOD! People are already lining up outside stores! I considered grabbing my sleeping bag, and camping outside the nearest LCBO. Then I took a closer look at the picture. It's a tad hot here in Toronto these days for down jackets and toques, no? Then I read the tagline:

"Patrons line up to get into an LCBO outlet as others leave in Mississauga, Ont. on Monday, December 31, 2007"

That's just some good, solid, non-hysteria-inducing journalism.

2 comments:

Coco The Monkey said...

Well played. I can’t believe City used that picture. That’s like writing a story about a small fire aboard a plane and showing this:

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/assets/hindenburg.jpg

Coco The Monkey said...

HFS - Check out the pictures of the shelves at the LCBO last night - nutters!

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2009/06/liquid_alternatives_in_the_face_of_looming_lcbo_strike/